The organisers of the 2022 L’oreal-UNESCO For Women in Science International Awards have announced nominations for the world’s most prestigious event. Created 23 years ago, the awards programme identifies and supports outstanding women in science across the globe.
The 2022 awards will designate five outstanding researchers in Life and Environmental Sciences, each working in one of the following regions: Africa and the Arab States, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, North America.
The five laureates will be selected by an international jury for their tremendous contribution to scientific advancement and will receive their awards in March 2022 in Paris. Each of the laureates will receive €100,000.
- The candidate must be recognized for her scientific excellence by the international scientific community
- Be actively involved in scientific research
- Be involved in any field of Life and Environmental Sciences
- The candidate’s outstanding contribution to the advancement of science,
- The impact of the candidate’s research work on the current state of her scientific field (number, quality and impact of publications, conference presentations, patents…),
- The recognition of the candidate by peers within her discipline through publications,
- The recognition of the candidate’s commitment to education, teaching activities, mentoring and/or to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals more broadly.
Multiple Nominations and Re-Nominations
You can nominate several candidates or re-nominate a candidate you presented in the past by updating the applications in the platform.
In order to nominate a candidate please follow the registration procedure on the For Women in Science platform accessible at: www.forwomeninscience.com . From the website, you will be able to upload all the necessary documents in order to submit the nomination.
The nomination files must be submitted by Monday, May 31st, 2021, France GMT/UTC + 2h. Only completed nominations received through the platform by this deadline will be considered.